Wednesday, January 30, 2013

All About Me

           My name is Matt Myers. I am 25 years old and I am from outside Akron, Ohio. I am a junior at Edinboro University. I transferred from the University of Akron when my wife was accepted to Gannon University for their Graduate Program. I graduated from Norton High School in 2005 and enlisted in the United State Army. I went through training at Fort Jackson, South Carolina. I was then stationed at Fort Drum, New York. i was an all wheeled mechanic in the Army. I was deployed to Iraq twice. One tour was in Baghdad and my second tour was in Kirkuk. I ended my Army career in 2009.
           I was accepted into college and was introduced to a wonderful, smart and beautiful woman who is now my wife. We were married on August 5, 2011. I am a huge sports fan, because I played football, wrestling and baseball my entire life. My favorite sport is college football. My favorite team is The Ohio State Buckeyes. I watch every single game on Saturdays and my wife hates it when I watch football, because I am always yelling at the t.v. I currently work at GNC at the Millcreek Mall. I love working out and getting the discounts on my supplements. I also enjoy hunting, fishing, and being outdoors.
            I am majoring in Secondary Education: Social Studies. I feel that technology is becoming more popular everyday in learning. Some people don't know what they are doing when they are dealing with technology but when someone learns about the technology it seems very easy to complete your work. I believe technology is very important when it comes to teaching, because newer technology is coming out every year and the older style teachers don't know anything about how to work technology and being a newer student will help us get jobs when the older teachers retire. Plus you don't want your students constantly teaching you about technology in your own class. I love teaching because I believe that teachers are what drive this country. They are guiding the future of our country by the words they say and the actions they do. I also love it when you see a child finally grasp the concept of a lesson.



13 comments:

  1. I love your post...very telling! The picture of you and your wife is super sweet, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So will you end up back in Ohio after you get your teaching degree?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE ARE...PENN STATE. what did you do as a mechanic in the army?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BOOO Penn State haha I would obviously fix trucks and I was on the recovery team which was if the Infantry was blown up on a mission and they couldn't drive their truck I would pick them up and tow the truck back

      Delete
    2. Have you ever been shot at while you were towing somebody back from a a mission?

      Delete
    3. Yeah it sucks but after a while you get used to it. It was cool shooting back

      Delete
  4. Good post definitely tells a lot about you. Anywhere in specific you would like to end up teaching after you get your degree?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Matt, I'm from outside of Akron too, closer to Cleveland. I really like the trees here. What made you pick Social Studies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What part of Akron. Have you heard of Norton because that is where I'm from

      Delete
  6. I agree with you that it is amazing when a child finally grasps a concept they have been struggling with. This is why I want to be a teacher. I also agree that technology makes our lives easier and we need to stay up on it for our students. If they are using it at home we need to figure out a way for them to use it in school. My boyfriend is a huge Ohio State fan too. I'm Penn State all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Technology is the ever changing force that drives every aspect of society. Students as young as preschoolers are already grasping this concept and technology is just a way of life. It’s their sliced bread! There are so many ways that you are going to be able to incorporate the connected educator concepts into your social studies class. I am excited for you. Have fun and good luck! It sounds like you are going to be great teacher.

    ReplyDelete